Recipe alert! make easy peasy orange sauce at home.
della sauces are named by color for the sake of simplicity.
Don't be fooled by the simple names though, della sauces are anything but simple in flavor. Each uniquely bold and bright sauce is made with love and deliberate intention.We carefully select ingredients that add punches of flavor and provide power-packed nutrition.
Take the orange sauce, for example. It happens to be very simple to prepare...once you gather all of the right ingredients, that is! Some may be tricky to find, but so worth the effort!
If you are shopping at Whole Foods, you're guaranteed to find them all. Most mainstream grocery stores should also carry everything listed. Smaller markets may not carry some items.
We love its versatility. Keep it freshly stocked in your fridge and try it as:
- a sauce on della bowls-style meals
- a dressing on salads, especially those made with kale
- a dip for fresh vegetables (kids love it, and may eat more veggies because of it!)
- a fun twist to your favorite hummus (just mix it in!)
- a punch of flavor in your sandwich, wrap or stuffed pita (pictured)
It's all in the ingredients
- Tahini: A fancy word for sesame paste, tahini gives orange sauce a rich flavor and creamy consistency. You can thicken the sauce by adding more tahini or add less to make a thinner sauce.
- Miso paste: Made from fermented soybeans, miso is rich in essential minerals and a good source of B vitamins, vitamins E, K and folic acid. Plus, as a fermented food, miso provides the gut with beneficial bacteria that helps us to stay healthy, vibrant and happy.
- OJ: We always use locally sourced, fresh squeezed orange juice, and recommend you do, too, if possible!
½ cup tahini paste
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup miso paste
Blend all ingredients together until very smooth.
We’ve linked some of our tried and true cooking tools and culinary products recommended here to our The Doral Yard Favorites store on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.