Have an allergy? what you need to know about our recipes at della bowls
What is a food allergy?
A food allergy is a serious and potentially life-threatening medical condition affecting up to 15 million Americans. One in every 13 children has a food allergy—that’s about 2 in every U.S. classroom. And every 3 minutes, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the emergency room.
The protein in the food is the most common allergic component. These kinds of allergies occur when the body’s immune system mistakenly identifies a protein as harmful. The immune system gets to work, attacking the protein, and the allergic person experiences a reaction.
In the U.S., the eight most common food allergens are milk, egg, peanut, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish.
We take food allergies seriously
We know that food allergies and sensitivities can cause discomfort and a wide range of moderate to severe reactions. That's why we have created this helpful reference guide for our customers, should you have any questions.
Gluten & dairy: It's not in our food, but it could be in our shared kitchen.
To be perfectly transparent: Our food is produced in a shared kitchen with other food and beverage concepts.
While della bowls ingredients do not contain gluten, dairy, peanuts, or animal products of any kind, and our production teams are very careful and conscientious when producing and cooking our food, we advise those with extremely serious allergies to be aware of risks.
We do use a LOT of nuts & seeds in our kitchens. Please be advised that if you have a severe allergy to nuts or seeds of any kind, we do not recommend you dine at della bowls.
Nuts, seeds, soy, and other common allergens
Here's the breakdown of common allergens found in our recipes.
- Our tamari is gluten free
- Our oils are coconut and olive. We never use soy, peanut, or mixed oils
- Forbidden Rice: contains coconut milk
- Marinated Lentils: contain garlic powder
- Tempeh: seasoning contains garlic powder, onion powder. Tempeh is soy-free
- Panelle: contains chickpeas, quinoa. Seasoning contains: onion
- Black Beans: contain onion, garlic
- Cashew Queso (on black beans) contains cashews
- Veggies & Boosts
- Broccoli: contains sesame seeds, garlic
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes: may contain coconut oil
- Hummus: tahini (sesame), sesame oil
- Pico de Gallo: onion
- Spicy Sunflower Seeds: soy (tamari)
- Red: garlic, almond
- Orange: tahini (sesame), garlic, soy (miso)
- Yellow: cashews, coconut milk, garlic, onion, curry, soy (tamari)
- Green: walnuts, sunflower seeds, garlic, almond milk
- Verde: garlic, pumpkin seeds
- Gold: sesame oil, garlic, soy (tamari)
- Almond Butter Cups: almond, coconut
- Trail Mix Bar: nuts, seeds
- Brownies: almonds, coconut
Do you have an uncommon allergen?
We want to help. And, we want you to get the correct info, straight from us at della bowls.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us through instagram. Please do not call your local della bowls for any allergy-related questions.
We’ve linked some of our tried and true cooking tools and culinary products recommended here to our The Doral Yard Favorites store on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.