Build your own bowl
della bowls is just another vegan food concept, right?
Guess again! della bowls is a unique plant-based fast casual concept that serves anything BUT ordinary plant-based eats.
What's so special about della bowls?
Made with love and originally developed out of owner Della Heiman's small home kitchen, della bowls mission is to create delicious, plant-based eats that:
- taste amazing
- burst with globally-inspired layers of flavor
- satisfy with textures that combine creamy sauces, perfectly-cooked ingredients and crunchy toppings
- are made with healthy, natural, clean ingredients
- don't include gluten, dairy or preservatives
- use only pure maple syrup or dates as sweeteners, and absolutely no processed sugar
- contain nuts and seeds, but never any peanuts
- are accessible to everyone with unbeatable value
- make fans out of omnivores, vegetarians and vegans!
We prepare our healthy bowls of happy using true and tried cooking techniques and wholesome, fresh ingredients resulting in layers of flavors that pop and textures that satisfy. It all comes down to the way each carefully cooked ingredient tastes when it comes together in the bowl.
Sauces are boss!
Each of our della sauces have their own unique identity and define the overall flavor of the bowl. The sauces are bold in flavor, and made with fresh herbs, spices, and global ingredients; not from extra salt or added sugar.
della sauces are named by color, making them easy to remember
- Red: This sauce is similar to a traditional Romesco sauce. Made with roasted red peppers, San Marzano tomatoes, toasted almonds, olive oil, garlic, and smokey paprika, our Red sauce is smooth and creamy
- Orange: This smooth tahini-based dressing is a flavor packed combination of citrus, ginger, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and miso. Miso, fermented soy paste, is a super-ingredient when it comes to gut health that adds saltiness and umami to the orange sauce. Learn exactly how to make della orange sauce here.
- Yellow: Made with yellow curry powder, ginger, garlic, raw cashews, caramelized onions, and coconut milk, this sauce is a favorite to so many della customers. It's the sauce of the beloved #1 seller, the Caribbean bowl, and also goes SO well with our seasoned tempeh.
- Green: At first glance, this might seem like a basic pesto. Think again! It's power-packed with spinach and basil, flavored with fresh garlic and lemon juice, thickened with raw walnuts, and made creamy with almond milk. It's super tasty with broccoli and lentils.
- Verde: This sauce was created about two years into the life of della bowls, and became an instant success as the main character on the #2 biggest selling bowl, the Dale bowl. It gets its bright flavor from tomatillos, blended with pepitas, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice.
- Gold: This sauce is perfect for lovers of Asian flavors. It's made with gluten-free tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and maple syrup.
How to build a perfect della bowl
Layer in a bowl:
- 3-4 ounces of a healthy grain, like tri-color quinoa, forbidden coconut rice, or brown rice. You can also use mixed greens if you don't want grains.
- 3-4 ounces plant-based protein. We use all unprocessed legumes including panelle, BeCultured tempeh, marinated lentils, chickpeas, or black beans with cashew queso. (What is panelle? Find out here!)
- 1-2 scoops of hearty, vibrantly colored vegetables. We suggest roasted sweet potatoes, sesame broccoli, marinated kale, roasted Brussels sprouts, spaghetti squash, turmeric roasted cauliflower, sauteed mushrooms, pico de gallo, or other veggies of your choice.
- A generous squeeze of a globally-inspired sauce. della bowls features Coconut-Cashew-Curry, Ginger-Tamari, Basil-Walnut Pesto, Tahini-Citrus, or Smokey Roasted Pepper-Almond, or another of your choice.
- Top it with a BOOST! Have fun with this finishing your bowl with punches of flavor and crunch like sweet potato hummus, avocado, raw roots, pickled veggies, spicy slaw, toasted almonds, pepitas, spicy sunflower seeds, and toasted coconut.
Where can you buy ingredients to make your own bowls at home?
della bowls are made with simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store. Whole Foods carries 100% of the ingredients in our recipes, but most well-known grocery stores will have some variation of the ingredients.
Forbidden black rice has become more mainstream. Look in the rice aisle, or in global foods.
Miso paste and tempeh can usually be found in the refrigerated section by kimchi and tofu, near the produce area.
We use BeCultured tempeh, which you can buy locally in Miami at select farmers markets. Check them out here to find out where you can purchase.
Tahini is usually found near the peanut butter.
Have more questions on how to build a della bowl?
We are happy to help! Leave a comment, and we'll do our best to guide you!